Saturday - all smiles!
Nope- the Barbie pole did not catch these - but she enjoyed pretending!
4 of these were Big A's - one of them belonged to the grumpy boy on the left!
It's hard to say where to begin!
So - here is a day by day!
Monday - took all three kiddos to the dentist. 2 kiddos - no cavities! Whoo hoo! One kiddo - cavitity and lecture about bad brushing! Went shopping for summer clothes in Wenatchee... no luck finding tank tops for boys - only muscle shirts - ugh!
Tuesday - enjoyed another day of Little J BEGGING to go fishing again.....
Wednesday - continued to "enjoy" the begging for fishing by Little J. Miss O enjoyed pre-school.
Thursday - had follow up appt for Big A (long story....) and continued to remind Little J that fishing will have to wait for the weekend. (can you see where this post is leading??)
Friday - NO SCHOOL! Some idiot decided to make sure that the snow make up day was right before a 3 day weekend! We had days this winter that no sane driver should have been on the roads - BUT NO - the school district does the 2 or 3 hour late start and gets the kids to school... so, the kiddos and I went out to lunch and hung out.
Saturday - The morning was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We got alot of the garden in and taken care of, yard mowed, weeds killed, dogs washed, went to a BBQ at friends and then made a quick stop off at the pond for yes - FISHING!
Little J caught 2, Big A caught one. Miss O, whom received a brand new fishing pole gave up after about 10 minutes. She found a few little rabbits to watch instead! It started to rain - so we had to leave. Little J is not satisfied!
Sunday - we had rain and wind off and on. Little J was extremely concerned about fishing conditions! He just would not let up! Finally, we caved. We took the boys for a short stint at about 3:30pm. We figured that they would catch one or two - we could call it good! We had some nightcrawlers left over from the day before - so we were set!
The boys both casted off and within 5 minutes - Big Al landed his first fish of the day! Little J was a little honked off and started the tears.... he got over it. Big Al moved to a different side of the pond. 10 minutes later we hear "I GOT ANOTHER ONE!" Now, Little J is getting emotional. The tears start, the crying and the "its not fair"... we give him yet another pep talk, move him to a different spot, and both pray REALLY hard to the fish gods to have one destined for him! 15 minutes later "I GOT ONE! IT'S HUGE!" Big Al has #3 on and reeled in. Now, the high-pitched wailing really begins! It's almost painful to listen to! There were other people at the pond, of course staring and wondering what in the world was wrong with this little guy! Big Al was ON FIRE! He was so excited, he almost burst!
I had to finally tell Little J if he did not stop the crying, we were going to leave. I also had to give him all the "right" lines, about sportsmanship, being happy for others, etc. I also told him that if his big brother caught another, he should congratulate him. I figured that would go out the window! But you have to try, right???
10 minutes later (take a guess what we heard!) Yep - that's right! "I GOT ONE! I GOT ONE! eeeee" So, I run over to Big Al with the net to lend a hand. I had to get away from Little J and his current stretch of one hour whimpering! About 20 seconds after I ran off - Little J shouted to his brother "Good Job Alex" (followed by wailing and sobbing and tears!) I was very proud of him for actually doing one small thing right!
We told Big Al that he had limited out (no more fishing today!) I don't think we could have come anywhere close to consoling Little J if he caught another! So - Little J, still has not had even a small bite, and he is on his last worm! He casted out - was mad because the wind did not cooperate with where he wanted to be - started to cry about that - and WHAM-OLA... got a fish on the line! The comical part - he was really excited and then would whine "I only have one!) I had to pray hard that he would be able to reel it in, and hang on it to.... I was really dreading the fact that if he lost it - we would ALL suffer!
Little J was able to bring it in.... and we HAD to leave! We were tired of the crying, it was raining and it was time to get home, clean all FIVE of the fish and get them on the BBQ! The whole trip home Little J cried, whimpered, complained, etc.... UGH! He did enjoy helping to clean the fish, and got to clean one on his own, so that helped a bit... but oh my! It was alot to tolerate in one short window of time!
To make a really long week short.... he has not asked about going fishing again! haha!
Amy
1 comments:
The fishing story isn't nearly as funny as you and papa J giving the details to us in person --- but so glad Little J finally got one.
Post a Comment