Friday, January 30, 2009

Wow - end of the month...already????

I realized today that I had started a bunch of posts, and then became too busy to finish them.. So, I'll put it all in one big nutshell!!

Big Al : We started up regular wrestling in the last week.. unfortunately - he has already missed two practices due to behavior issues. :( He has a large project in school... Celebration of Cultures, that he is "supposed" to be working on studying family history, information about his heritage, etc... lets just say that his understanding of what his assignments given are not working out too well. And, Mama is holding him accountable for this - and he is not happy! We also discovered this week that Big Al has been the lucky "purchaser" of lots of candy on the playground at school... over $50 worth.... this is NOT good. I should not say "lots" more like a few handfuls and 5 or so dum-dum suckers... yes - $50+.... Let's just say that he has not had a good last week and a half!

Little J : Little J has been working on learning about Japan at school for the last few weeks... and for the life of him - he keeps calling everything "Chinese"! He has been enjoying his Japanese name in school of "Kenji" and loves the origami - today is his Japanese festival - so that should be fun! Little J also started wrestling - its his very first time - I am not a big supporter of this sport for him because he is well.... the best word I can use would be "less-determined"... He had his first practice - which he enjoyed. I, on the other hand did NOT enjoy it when I saw WHO they had paired him up with. His "partner in crime" from second grade! I will call him "Cody". I will quickly say that this boy was 80% of the reason that Little J had a horrible year in second grade.... I knew that trouble would be happening if he spent any more time with this kid.... I went thru alot of pain getting Little J seperated and distanced from "Cody" this year... and all my hard work was quickly ripped away the day after wrestling practice when he hung out with "Cody" during lunch and got in trouble. Let's say that it took a few hours for my blood pressure to go down! ARGH... So, if his coaches won't agree to keep "Cody" away from Little J at wrestling - we are done with that! Sounds harsh - but honestly, I am NOT going to deal with the "Cody" issue again. No WAY!

Miss O: She has been doing pretty darn well... except for her colds and changes in lack-of-nap time! She was moved up to the older preschool class - which goes from 12:30 to 2:45, W,TH, F. She rides the bus to school - but I have to pick her up. She is enjoying seeing some of her old friends from last year and doing more "big" kid stuff. She has been a real... pill.... due to the lack of nap - so she gets bedtime at 7:30, for which she is out in about 10 minutes... nice !! :)
Miss O also got ALL her kindergarten shots, even though she won't start until 2010... since she was four - we figured we'd get them all done and over with - whoo hoo! She is also in the 75th percentile for weight and about 90th percentile for height... the dr estimated that if she continued at this rate - she would end up at 5'8 or 5'9 and probably very lean.... uh oh! The hubby will be busy screening her dates when she is 16!

Not too much else to report... the county is trying to fix the roads and driveways around us from the "great flood of 09"... the freeway we use all the time in front of us has taken forever to get repaired - big pain and lots of waiting! We usually go the long way around it! The weather has been cold - but there has been some sunshine - nice to see!

I'll try to get back into a regular blogging schedule - things have been a little crazy with the new schedule and everything else going on!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kathy and Matt said...

I'm so glad some of my other blogger friends are like me and have not posted as frequently! It's terrible how far I've gotten behind!!!

Sounds like your family is doing well. Take care!

Drew and Rita said...

$50 worth of candy? Please let us know how much the dental bills are! Ah, the joys of parenthood. Rita

Amy said...

Oh Rita!
Don't get me started on dental bills! haha!