Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!












Happy Halloween to everyone! The day started nice and early, and dark as usual (can't wait for daylight savings to hit!).
It was fairly easy to get the boys out of bed.... "Better get up or you'll miss Halloween!" Little J leaped out of the bunk and Big Al did groan faster than usual! The morning started out with some rain - which is welcomed as it has been a really dry fall so far......
Big Al headed off the school with his costume in his backpack (he is going to a friends house after school and will meet up with us in town later). Little J was a bit hacked that he had nothing to do after school but come home! HA! So, Miss O and I hung out in the morning and watched some Halloween cartoons.... she can't decide if she wants to wear her Lion costume or her Giraffe... choices choices choices!
In the end - she decided on being the giraffe! The costume is a bit tight - but she loved in anyways! We met Big Al in town, along with a friend of mine and her little guy.. and started the maddening hunt for treats!
I have to admit that Halloween is my least favorite holiday of them all... at least parenting-wise! If I could get away with NOT trick or treating and NO candy... life would be good! Yep - Bah hum-bug from me!
As usual - Big Al decided to sneak as much candy into his mouth as possible during the evening.. every time I would turn around - there would be something new! Now, for most kids - they get excited with all the door to door and just want to run to the next spot - same with Big Al - except while he is at the door - he usually just shoves the candy into his mouth before turning around! Needless to say - he had a few meltdowns when we were done - and my blood pressure was up as usual... ugh! At what age can I tell him no more trick or treating????? I'm thinking 11!!!
Miss O had a fabulous time! No fear here! She was happy to get her candy and move on! She liked seeing all the costumes! Little J had fun too... though he was a little self-conscience about his costume for some reason.. he thought he looked like a girl!
After trick or treating, we headed to BOO! Central at the CWU campus.. the college kids put on some fun things for the kiddos to do inside.. usually it is chaotic! This year, the boys got their picture taken with Wellington the Wildcat (school mascot) and all the kiddos got to pound on the drums that the marching band brought in... that REALLY helped the noise level!
Oh well - its over for yet another year! I'm sure that next year will be just as exciting!! hehe
Amy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time! I was lucky as we went to a Halloween party at a friend's house and their tradition is that the men take the kids trick-or-treating! We women just sat around the front door handing out candy and gabbing while the men herded 19 children through the neighborhood! I felt a little guilty but I didn't let it get to me! ;-)