Friday, September 04, 2009

The Fair - 2009 Part One

The Fair came later for us this year - the first full week in September! Both boys have been so busy getting their pigs ready for the big day(s)! There has been alot of yelling, crying and frustration this year trying to keep boys motivated to the end - and to try and get the piggies to make weight! All pain a side - here are some of the highlights!

This year I refused to pay for any games at the Fair. I gave the boys opportunities to do extra chores to earn their own money for the Fair... that way I knew that I got more than a 5 cent toy busted in the first 5 minutes out of the deal! The boys still have not learned that when playing games - don't play each other - because someone has to lose!

Miss O won a crown! She actually wore it alot of the fair - and she just loves it!

Miss O got the opportunity early one morning to actually milk a goat! One squirt and she was done!
Papa entered (well, technically, "I" entered it for him!) tomatoes in the Fair this year - so he could get the cheap exhibitors pass... my - I mean HIS tomatoes got a blue ribbon!

Here is sweet miss Oreo... she did alot of trying to crawl out of her pen.. or as I liked to say - she was doing her "upward pig" yoga stretches!

Here is Little J coming out of his first class! He got a blue ribbon! He did really well for his first fair!
Big Al was all smiles as usual - showing off Bill! All blue ribbons for him too!


Little J was happy to get a Blue Ribbon!

Little J showing Sunshine in the Market Hog class


Bill and Charlotte did alot of sleeping during the fair!!!

So did neighbors, Oreo and Sunshine!
Miss O has to enjoy some corn on the cob... minutes later she was swarmed by one pesky hornet that caused her to hurl the corn down the sidewalk, while screeching... classic fair moment!

0 comments: