Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 5 - On to Reno

After a few exciting jam packed days in San Fran - we headed north to Reno! I never imagined that the drive would be so boring and isolated!! No gas or services for hours! Oh well - we got thru it and had a pleasant time enjoying the scenery and the every 10 minute announcement of "I HAVE TO PEE!"

While in Reno, we visited a mega store called "Scheels" (I probably spelled it wrong!) which had some neat stuff inside - including a full size Ferris Wheel and a mountain of mounts - with pretty much every game animal you can think of on it!

We made the trip to Virginia City! When I was a kid, my parents took my brother and I here - I remember some of it - but unfortunately - when we arrived, it was in the 40's and raining.. super brrrrrrr! The kids got bored pretty quick - so we got a few momentos of the trip and headed back!
Big Al was not too excited about what this meant - it took him awhile to understand it! Once he realized it had to do with being an "outlaw" - he enjoyed it more!

Little J figured out what "streaking" meant - and liked his... it is fitting, I have to admit!
The three troublemakers together!


We took the kids to Circus Circus to play a few games and enjoy a REAL buffet! Little J, who is an eating machine totally loved it! Big Al - well.... it was NOT his style!

Little J and Miss O chowed down on the dessert bar - the boy had to have 3 or 4 different things and ate them ALL!

We played some games - and little J won big! Nothing like getting some .50 cent prize for spending $40 on games! Oh well - the kids had a good time!

0 comments: