Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Ummm what? December????!!!!

Holy Cow!
It is so hard to believe that it is already December!!! Shocking! So, now... only 3 weeks, literally until Christmas! I am sooooo far behind! I started looking at my holiday to-do list and man there is alot of stuff on there that needed to be done already! Arghhhh!
I was fortunate that I have already purchased a few gifts for the kiddos and got presents for their teachers, so that in itself is a huge hurdle jumped!
We have had a lot of distractions this last week - mostly from Ukraine, that have left us doing more talking than action. My friend Deb (Bergmann) and her husband are/were in Ukraine and have decided to come home without a child. My heart goes out to them as I know how much time and energy they put into this adoption trip. You can read their story if you like on the left side... I have been getting 2 or 3 emails a day for the last week from Ukraine - and rarely is it good news, so that has been stressful. Maybe I should stay off the computer for a few days and not read email.... at least then all the news and comment would come every few days!! :) Oh well! That is not possible - so I'll just have to be choosy on what I read!

Is everyone else getting ready for the holidays?? Who out there is DONE????
Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Svetlana. Iam Russian and we are adopting from Ukraine. Our dossier has not been submited yet, but we hopt it will happan soon. I love your blog and your kids are really lovely. We have 2 bio kids and we decorated all house, so we are ready. i wish you to have a wounderful Christmas and all the best.
We live in Bellevue,WA. I do not know how far Rodeo city. We just were thinking that it would be nice to make some friend in the neibohood who have adopted and it will be good for our kids to make some friends when they will be here(we adopitng a sibling group of two).
Thanks, Sveta
svetalanghans@msn.com

Christine and Darren said...

Hi Amy,
I am really far behind. I had intentions to shop early but it never happened. I plan on making 1 or 2 power shopping trips! Our tree is going up Friday. Connor has been asking for weeks and we were under the weather last weekend.

I am always so sad to hear about families coming home without a child. How heartbreaking.

Love the new Christmas music on the blog!
Christine