Sunday, April 06, 2008

The birthday party

Miss O got all dolled up for her big brothers birthday party! She looked cute in her curly hair and her pink dress!

Alex shows off some of his presents - he managed to even act surprised! UGH!

Yesterday we had a small party for Big A to celebrate 10 years on the planet! We tried to keep it pretty mellow - but it never works out that way! Big A got lots of great presents (which is always the highlight, right?) I found out not soon there after that Little J told Alex everything that he was getting, including the gifts from me! I knew that they were up to something in the morning when I caught them whispering and running out of our tv room... both were extremely quick to lie and make up a story about what they were doing! Oh well - I guess next year I will just hand them a gift card! HA - that'll teach em!
We spent most the weekend working on small projects outside - planting 3 trees, installing a gate and getting the irrigation system in the yard de-winterized. The wind has kicked up again - so it is really cold with the cold weather in the mountains being blown at us! I found out that out of the hundreds of bulbs I planted last fall - only the hyacinths made it. The mice ate the rest after the shoots came up and before they flowered! Maybe the two newest mousers we have will have some revenge for me!
Oh well! Hopefully this week we can be given a bit of relief from the cold and windy weather and get back to something that resembles spring!
Amy

0 comments: