
I found another picture of my dad with my brother and I when we were little! Brings back great memories!
Today was an incredibly tough tough day. I spent time with my dad this morning - basically just sitting with him while he slept... talking to him when I thought he was awake... just being there. Seeing him suffer is the worst for me. I know in my heart that this is not the way he wanted to leave the world. I know that he is in pain, and there is nothing I can do. I feel so helpless.
His breathing is becoming more labored and less often. He moves very little and sleeps. Today, I could tell that we were so close. I made the decision to let his brother, my uncle talk to him on the phone using speaker phone. I felt that this might be the last time that my dad would hear his voice. Though my dad was fairly out of it, he had a real reaction when my uncle started praying for him and getting on his bible bandwagon! Seeing that my dad had some reaction made me decide to call all his sisters and have them talk to him as well. Though they were really hard calls to sit and listen to, I felt it gave them each a bit of closure and a chance to say their good-byes.
I know his time is so close... I hope that my brother can make it over here soon enough. My heart is very heavy.
Thursday, September 09, 2010
Friday update
Labels: My Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment