Friday, November 20, 2009

The other IEP meeting

Monday, we had the annual IEP meeting for Miss O... it went well! I was actually really concerned that she had exceeded her goals by so much that she would no longer qualify for her preschool!
Luckily. she gets to receive services until the end of the school year! She is now testing on the moderately low range of the speech charts.. where as before, she was not on the speech chart for her age. THAT is good news! She still has a few minor developmental things to overcome, but those should be pretty easy! Her teachers REALLY love her (who wouldn't!) and I truly think they wanted to keep her until the end of the school year in June, that is why they rated her a little low! haha - but of course "I" am biased!
I was thankful to hear that she will still qualify for some services when she starts Kindergarten in (oh my God!) 10 months! She will be getting a full 3 year evaluation in the spring to check her speech again and they will go from there.

What a relief! At least one out of two is on track!

0 comments: