Thursday, October 02, 2008

You know its not your day when.....


Well... my day started really early... like about 2:15am! Here is some of the play by play...


2:15am (real approximate as I can't see straight THAT early!)... PJ the dog is whining to go outside... he starts to do his protective "you get outta here bark"... then IMMEDIATELY stops! Since it has been pretty warm (in the 80's) the last few days, we had the windows opened....


2:18am - Immediately smell the incredibly RIPE and strong smell of SKUNK! Crap! That means it got the dog (hence why he immediately stopped barking!)


2:19am - leap out of bed to shut the windows!


2:20am - make sad faces at poor PJ who is stuck outside foaming and drooling with runny eyes from the skunk spraying him.


2:45am - still awake, trying to figure out HOW to get the smell out of the house... it is super strong and won't go away!


3:30am - still awake and wondering what the scratching noise is in the house...


3:45am - grabbed knife in kitchen (I could not think of anything else handy!) and went to investigate the sound.


3:46am - relieved and feeling stupid that the hubby left Phebe (our lab) in her vari-kennel in the entry.


3:47am - returned to the smelly bedroom after putting the knife back


3:48am-4:48am - still awake, constantly tossing and turning, trying to get away from the smell!


5am - Hubby's alarm clock goes off


5:15am - time to get up and figure out what to do with the dog, oh yeah, and the kids and get ready for the day... UGH


5:30am - out of the shower, and more than thankful that the smell is not so bad while you are showering!


5:40am - started laundry (actually started the washer and FORGOT to put the clothes in!)


5:45am - started waking up kiddos


5:50am - opened the surgically sealed milk from Costco, and in the process, sliced INTO the container and caused a lovely leak!


6:00am- first boy gets in shower


6:10am - second boy yells at first boy for peeing all over the floor - apparently first boy was not awake yet?


6:15am - second boy is out of shower and dressed - but forgot to put on underwear (sigh)


6:20am - boy #1 and boy #2 sitting at table eating cereal and fighting over which one of them gets the red gummy-bear vitamin.


6:24am - woke up the princess - to dry UNDERWEAR (yep - one thing right today!)


6:30am - had princess all dressed and had to listen to her scream while I brushed her hair


7am - final call for all kiddos to brush teeth, finish chores and get soccer stuff out for games tonight.


7:20am - loaded all kiddos into the mama-bus and headed to school for Bank Day


7:35am - got stuck behind the school bus (going 40 in a 65...... sigh)


7:37am - got to the school, a few minutes late, had another grumpy parent ask me why I was late (I really did want to smack them!)


8:22am - finished Bank Day and started popping popcorn


8:45am - took princess to school - had to listen to her scream in anger that "her" bus was already there and she should have been on it!


9am - went to run errands


10am - returned to school to find out that there was not enough popcorn to finish (sigh, yet again)


10:45am - returned to pick up princess... who was happy to go to school and actually have me pick her up!


11am - took the princess to lunch, where she decided to flirt with some construction workers by throwing her french fries and them.


12 - noon - princess watches about 15 minutes of "toons" while I put the groceries away


12:15-1pm - princess and I go outside to feed chickens and dogs, get the mail, etc... find out WHY the skunk is coming around again (its breaking into my composter!) then give poor stinky PJ a quick spray down (which did nothing!) AND find out that the smell won't go away because the stupid skunk sprayed the house as well! ARGH


1pm - LET THE MELTDOWN BEGIN! The princess decides that she does NOT want to use the potty and wants to wear pull-ups for nap,,,,,,,,, no - then she wants underwear... this goes on for about 5 minutes... I've had enough, I'm tired and IIIIIII want a nap! So, I sit her on the potty - and she screams - Linda Blair style for a good 5 minutes..... ugh


1:15pm - Princess Linda is put down for nap.... screaming, flailing, hitting and pinching (me that is) It takes a good 15 minutes of rocking on her head - and she is asleep.....


Heck... my day has only just begun! I still have to get up the princess from nap, give the stinky dog a tomato juice bath, clean out my car, waiting for boy 1 and boy 2 to get home, turn them around and take them to soccer games, then go to Open House at the school... and somewhere in all that - dinner!


Good GRIEF!

Thank God TOMORROW is Friday - cuz I sure need one!!!




Amy

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I feel you pain! Princess Zoey is a high maintenance tantrum thrower. I am cracking up about the skunk.
Jennifer

Amy said...

Jenn-
We need to get those two princesses together.... can you imagine the drama?????

I am "still" smelling skunk.. i think most of its in my head! hehe!