Monday, October 20, 2008

Two years ago today our world changed!

Two years ago today.... I was up on the phone at 3:45am calling the SDA (State Department of Adoptions in Kyiv Ukraine) to find out if we were scheduled to be on the list for the next set of appointments. We had started our process to bring home our little angel in February 2004. We had been stuck many many times in department changes, director changes, department closures, month long holidays, paperwork changes, expiring documents and over two years of W-A-I-T-I-N-G! I had heard through the grapevine that the next date that lists would be posted would be October 20th... and our family # 15292 was "supposed" to be on that list!

Using my limited Russian - I finally got through to the English translator there.... since a few other families in our CH UA family were waiting as well, I asked for all of us... and yes, all three families, ours included had appointments! It was an amazing and overwhelming feeling! We had pretty much given up hope after over two years of the waiting and run-arounds... we were given the date of November 22nd - Thanksgiving!

Was it worth the wait? Every minute of it!
Amy

3 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

So you're saying you'll call the SDA for us this Thursday to see if we are on the submission list? :)?
Thanks for your encouragement. I never thought bringing home a disabled child would be so difficult!

Amy said...

Hehe Debbie!
I think we got it taken care of! Will Thursday work as a submission date??? I sure hope so - that's what I "requested" for you!!!

Can't wait to hear how things go!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe it has been two years since we "first" learned of a possibility of another little one. What joy all three of our grandchildren have brought to us. And, how blessed we are to have two special people who have opened their hearts (and wallets, ha) to bring them into our lives. Nana & Grandpa