To say that we have been busy is quite the understatement! I realized today that I never finished some of my blog entries! Yep - its been busy! So - here is a brief summary of what's been going on in our household!!!!!
Miss O - Finished her first session of swimming lessons - aka the starfish level! She did really well and just LOVES swimming! She will be repeating the level again, as I think she had more fun than actually learning anything! She has been enjoying playing outside, helping to water our (weed) garden, watching her brother care for his pigs, and been doing alot of growing!
Little J - He finished up swimming as well, he is at Level 3, and gets to repeat as well.. he really needs to repeat it.. he tends to "swim" but not go anywhere! He is really ready and happy to go back to school and to start soccer again (more on that below!). He has grown ALOT this summer - his legs and arms are getting gangly!
Big Al - well... he finished level 4 in swimming - and even though he has made amazing strides - he'll be repeating it again as well! This is a boy with negative body fat - he does NOT float - he sinks! Swimming is hard and really challenges him in that degree - I LOVE IT! It is one thing that truly wears him out... he HAS to work hard - or well... he'll drown! He has finally got it thru his head that yep - you stop swimming - you sink! He enjoyed swimming alot this time - so we'll be starting up again after soccer is over! Currently, though - he is on piggie duty... 24/7! Lately, our lives have revolved around 4H and getting Wilber and Charger ready for the fair - which starts in two days! UGH - that will be a whole seperate post! Big Al is NOT excited for school to start - is excited for soccer to start and the fair to start!
We were unable to really take any vacations this summer... we spent a night or two away - but no real vacations! I guess we'll see what fall has to offer and try again!
I am getting ready to go "back to school" as well... some crazy people on our PTA think that I should be President again... ugh - I draw the line at two years - so I'll finish this school year off and take a break - since I have been a board member for 4 years...
I decided to coach soccer again this fall... I will be coaching Little J's U10 team. I am looking forward to it in many ways... in some ways I am thinking - "boy are you an idiot for getting into this again!"... but reality is that both boys will be playing - and I am NOT big on having soccer practices and games 5 days a week! We will be having our practices the same time! Yep - way to go Mom! My friend Jenny's husband is coaching Big Al's team - so it will all work out well!
I guess that is the ramblings for now! I need to get in and finish editing some posts, and then find my camera - UGH - which seemed to go missing over the weekend!
Amy
Monday, August 25, 2008
Wow- has it been that long......
Labels: kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment