Yesterday morning - of course after I got the three loads of laundry done, everyone showered and the dishwasher done... we lost water! There were no weather related reasons! Apparently our pump has tripped the breaker (I'm so not good with the technical terms!) So, using my fast quick-fix skills (ha) I flipped the breaker and went on with my day... or so I thought! To make a long story short... we have some major shorts in our electrical line from our well to our tank! This is NOT good! The pump guy came out just to trouble shoot and found that there was indeed THREE shorts! UGH!
Ahhhh - the question is HOW to fix it!
We have to most likely dig a new line from the well to the shop and run a new conduit with all the wires and gizmos. And while we are doing all that fun stuff, we are going to have to dig up some concrete and pull out our frost free hydrant that caused us alot of grief over the winter!
So - no water!
On the hubbys way home from work - I had him call our friend, Jeff, who just happens to be an electrician. Jeff said he would come out first thing in the morning to take a look. So, we went out to dinner - as it is hard to cook, clean up and whatever without water! Came home, got the kids in bed, called the inlaws and asked if we could shower there in the morning - and then the hubby and I went outside to enjoy the windless evening. Jeff called about 8pm and said he was coming over to get us some temporary power - NOW! Jeff showed up right before it got really dark and put in a line so that we would be able to use the well for awhile, until we are ready to dig the new ditch that is!
What a relief! Honestly, you really take things like water for granted! We carry a small supply of emergency water - but it is more for things like the toilet and rinsing stuff off. With three kids in the house and one not fully potty trained - YOU NEED WATER!
Oh well.... life goes on!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
More water problems!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment