Monday, December 08, 2008

Weekend fun and not so fun

Our weekend started out on a high note and ended on a well, pretty low note. Friday afternoon, I pulled Little J out of school about an hour early (they have those WONDERFUL early release days! Don't get me started on my feelings about those!) and I took him with Miss O and I out to lunch. I figured that since Friday and this coming Friday were early release days that I would pull each boy out a bit early to have lunch with me.... Well... Little J was ok with it - not estatic, but just ok.... I had hoped that he would have enjoyed this more (oh well... I know that Big Al will be THRILLED this Friday!) Anyhoo... after lunch, we stopped to pick up the living tree (in pot) at the nursery and take it home. Little J got to play outside and have some time to relax before Big Al got home.
Saturday morning - we divided and conquered a few holiday activities. CWU put on a kids craft extravaganza and kiddos got to make all sorts of neat holiday crafts. The hubby dropped Miss O and I off, while he took the boys to make birdhouses at the lumberstore with Santa.
The boys enjoyed their "boy" time, got treats, made birdhouses, talked to Santa and Jason smashed his thumb with a hammer! After they were done, they headed back to CWU and joined us girls. The boys had fun making crafts, eating goodies and seeing other friends.
Later that afternoon, Little J had a swimming party at the pool... so he was pretty psyched about that!

Miss O made a cute pinecone birdfeeder! Unfortunately, I hung it out on Sunday and Phebe the overly destructive lab half climed the tree, pulled it off and ate it! (Yep- the whole thing!)

Miss O is very serious when it comes to putting stuff together! She did not want any help!

The boys showed off their birdhouses with Santa! Little J commented that Santa sure is quick about getting all over town to many stores on the same day!

A smile break as Big Al finishes nailing his birdhouse together! The hubby installed the birdhouses outside yesterday... I bet that made the cats happy!
Sunday. One of those days that you wish you could erase! We had lots of plans to get the tree set up, lights up, house decorated, go see Madagascar 2... just a fun day. Unfortunately, Little J was in one of his "ruin it for everyone" moods... and he accomplished that well. So - we just hung out in the house and outside while Little J spent time stewing in his room. Oh well, life goes on - there is still a little time before Christmas to get stuff done! We did put up the swag on the door - but I guess that is our only evidence of holiday spirit so far! uh oh!

2 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Our greyhound used to eat anything and everything too...maybe she was lacking in fiber? LOL! Love the photo up top!
Hey, I added you to the Photo Challenge (fourth picture of fourth file) to post! Because I knew you had nothing else to do! LOL! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas to all - even Misss Dixie Chick (how cute they all look). Glad the kids got to do some Xmas crafts.... Love, Nana