Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Finding a better method....

Anyone have any great ideas on how better to organize the kids information in one place???? I wanted to put a copy of their b. certificate, ssn, shot records, IEP's and report cards... not really memoriblia stuff - mostly boring records and paperwork.....
Currently, I "try" to keep it in a 3 ring binder for each kiddo.... but I really want a backup plan in case of a fire or major disaster....

What do you do??

2 comments:

liesel said...

If you figure it out, I hope you'll post it. I'm really struggling with this area, and what a better time of year to get organized!

Drew and Rita said...

Hi Amy,
We keep copies of almost anything important on the pc, then back up the pc to a dvd, which goes into the safe deposit box. This is, fo course, easier said then done. We are in need of a newer scanner so that it doesn't take so long.

As far as pictures and such, I upload all of them to Winkflash, www.winkflash.com. You can have copies made for $.08 per 4x6 picture, and they never delete your pictures. You create folders on Winkflash, name them, and the pictures are in the folders indefinitely.

I hope that helps. I'm happy to do some other brainstorming with you on it. I'm so into organization.