Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The critter killer

I have posted very little about the current steep decline in our critter population - but I figured I had better - so I don't make the same mistakes twice!

Over the last 3 months - our chicken population has been dwindling quite rapidly! In the last 5 days - 3 chickens have "disappeared" at night. Early on, I was blaming the dogs... but now - we have evidence that it is something "else"!

I am now down to TWO chickens - one rooster and one hen... who, quite frankly are scared to death to sleep in their chicken coop! Last night - they decided to sleep in the barn. Good thing - as they were both here this morning!

Last night, we borrowed a have a heart trap - to see if we could catch this varmit in the act! Whatever kind of critter it is - it is not a coyote or an owl - as it drags the prey and is gone without a trace! This critter actually crawls into the hen house and drags the victim out.

Amy

0 comments: