I am trying hard to be optomistic that 2012 will be MUCH better than 2011.... Unfortunately, I am a realistic!! And, since I seem to know way more than the average Joe about my kids, I am going with the optomistic approach that this year has to be either the same or just a tad bit better than last!! haha! I really do not want to get my hopes up!
While most people put in their wishes/hopes/goals... aka resolutions for the year, I for one will just be hopeful that I can stay sane!! As much as I would LOVE to drop 20 pounds, or save for that vacation of a life time, or do something really amazing... I know that my energy will probably be better served just trying to make each day proceed with as little disruption as possible! Oh the joys!!! haha!
Not that it is a New Years Resolution, per say, but we have been trying in the last month or so to really work on simplifying our house.... Getting rid of alot of excess stuff, clutter... and that heinous beast known as PAPER!
PAPER is NOT my friend... yet we have a love - hate type relationship! I'd LOVE to throw it away.. and I hate being make to do it! I have tried and tried to get as many things paperless as possible. It never seems to work! I've tried the tossing all the unimportant papers in the trash BEFORE walking in the house (tried but apparently not conquered!) I've tried to do as much online as I can.. but it still seems to multiply into multiple piles all around the house! We have a shredder (covered in dust) that gets an occasional feeding of paper... but man oh man purging the papers are tough!!!
Excess "stuff" is our other problem... we both tend to buy or get things that either we don't have a place for, (or really a true need for!) or just bought on a whim... these things tend to pile up and then become "Mount-pile-of-crap!" Sometimes just looking at the piles is more daunting than actually getting it purged through! haha! I hate getting rid of those "I'm gonna fit into them after I lose 20 pounds" pairs of jeans... because - what will I do when I actually DO lose the 20 pounds??? I'd probably honestly buy new jeans - haha!! I have done a bit better! I finally purged all but a few essential work outfits and got them bagged up for Goodwill. Sadly - I need to come to grasps that by the time I actually get to go back to work, most the clothes will probably be so out of style that they will become Halloween Costumes!! haha!
But, overall, it IS nice to have a few bags ready to donate to the consignment store or Goodwill and then have this clear and open space that looks clean and neat... even if it is a small corner of the room!
Here's wishing that YOUR resolutions are obtainable and at least make a small, but encouraging change for your New Year!
Monday, January 02, 2012
New Years Resolutions...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment