Thursday, October 29, 2009

One week later....

Late last week, I got in touch with Big Al's SS teacher at school, who is helping by holding Big Al the last 7 minutes of his class each day to eat his sandwich and drink an Ensure shake.
By doing this - with the shake itself, twice a day, adds 500 calories to his diet each day. I put him on the scale last night and he was up 2 pounds in a week. So, hopefully, the combination of him actually eating his sandwich and the added calories will help put some extra weight on him!

I thought about giving him Pediasure instead, but it is so very expensive and the comparison of calories and nutrients is about the same. Since I can get pretty good deals on Ensure and the store brands, it seems like a better option!

Big Al is not exactly thrilled with the new routine - but he decided that this would be a better option than ME coming and sitting down and having lunch with him every day and making him eat, now that would be embarassing for him!

His appointment at Children's next week may be interesting.... I was hoping that we could piggyback a few appointments to save some driving, but, we'll have to see what happens!

0 comments: