Yesterday was little O's very first 4th of July! She was not impressed! She watched two or three little things go off on the ground and wanted nothing else to do with it! See why below!
A few exciting things have happened in the last few weeks....
We had our first camping trip of the season. So O had her first away from home sleeping experience - needless to say - I got NO sleep and dear hubby got a few minutes more than me! It was a tough night! Hopefully we won't have any more trips like that in the near future! The best part about the camping trip was playing in the river! O LOVED it! Getting her out was the challenge!
The temps have been in the 100's for the last two days... and today we had our first "fire" of the season. Luckily - it was quickly contained - and not so lucky that it was half a mile from our house! UGH! Thankfully, we were upwind of the fire. We are not having any luck with any type of water games either! We bought of those great pools that is big enough for the kids to actually swim in - nope - no section level enough for us to set it up! I have bought numerous squirt guns that either work the WHOLE time (like running the whole time) or don't work at all! I bought a pool today that I found that none of our pumps will inflate! Geez Louise! I can't stand taking the kids to the local "swimming" hole - it is more like a pond - and way overcrowded! Oh well! It's still July - and only going to get hotter!
Both boys are in summer school for 3 hours a day (ahhh 3 hours of sanity for me!) and they seem to be doing ok.. it is really important to us that both boys keep up their skills - as one of them has a really hard time learning as it is - and retaining the info is a challenge in itself! Some days I really wonder WHAT he learns in school - if anything...though I can't complain too much - since there is no way in hell that I would attempt to homeschool him! There are days though when I think that I could probably do it myself (those days are limited and it is probably after more than one margarita! haha!) I know that after seeing things that we could have done "better" with the boys - little O will be a challenge regardless!
We also found out that part of little O's speech problem has to do with the fact that she can hardly hear! We have been taking her to the ENT (ear.nose.throat) Dr for a few weeks to get the wax sucked out - now that they can finally see an eardrum - they determined that it is not moving and most likely it has fluid behind it. So - next week we have to take her in to the hospital for some outpatient surgery and to get tubes placed in both ears. We are really worried about how she will handle it! That is going to be a long day indeed!
We hope that the other families who were in Ukraine around the same time - and those with little ones the same age as little O are enjoying the changes they are going thru and loving every minute of it! Watching these kiddos grow and change and florish is an amzing journey in its own! (Jen - love Zoey's LOOOONG hair!)
We'll give another update after the surgery - hopefully all goes well!
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Ahhhhhh - summer is here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Amy,
So, when are you bringing the kids to Disney World? They are all so cute!! You are a very brave woman. I don't think I could handle three kids.
How did the surgery go? My Godson had to have that done when he was two and it was a really great thing for him. His dad's side of the family had a history of "ear" issues.
Say "Hi" to John and your parents from me.
Jenn T.
Post a Comment