Well - though it feels like 3 months, it has only been 3 weeks since coming home! O is doing great, considering she and I are still getting over some funk that we probably brought home with us! She survived her first visit to the dentist and doctor, got her finger stuck in the lab - but no tears until she was all done!
She is exploring more and more each day... I don't think that she many fears at this point! She has determined that our dog, PJ, must be some sort of toy! She will chase him around the house by pushing an empty laundry basket! PJ will get stuck in a corner or smaller room and be trapped! Poor thing! He has been pretty patient with her so far! She likes to pet him and wag her finger at him and say "no-no" when he tries to take whatever she is eating!
This morning - the box of Cheerios dropped out of my hand and half the box spilled on the kitchen floor! Obviously - PJ was very excited and started to clean up the mess... but O was FURIOUS that he was eating HER cereal! After she was done with breakfast, she got down on the floor and found a few that he missed!
O wants so badly to go outside and explore, but it has been too dang cold here! She has pet the chickens a few times (not sure the chickens are sure WHAT she is yet!) and she loves to look out the windows at things.
Two nights ago, my wonderful husband said that he missed Ukraine! I almost fell out of my seat! He was the one who just wanted OUTTA there as soon as he got there! I know what he means though.. and I agree with something that AmyW posted on her blog awhile back....
You get into the lifestyle. It is so much simpler than ours here. You have alot less to worry about - your apartment is small, you don't have alot of trinkets or crap covering shelves, you own alot less clothes (and do less laundry!), you walk EVERYWHERE, you tend to eat less (since you don't know WHAT you are eating!) and things just seem alot more laid back! I have to agree with him that there are days when I wish we could switch back to the more simple life!
Ukraine recently started accepting adoption dossiers again - the first time in about 8 months and so there are lots of families who have been emailing asking about our experience... I can sum it up as this... It is like nothing you have ever done before, and your journey will be different than anyone elses doing the same thing! Each person has their own expectations, opinions and lessons learned, but one thing is always the same and that is you will have a wonderful story to tell and share when you get home!
Friday, January 12, 2007
Week 3 completed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment